Faculty Recommended Guidelines for Blackboard
In order to improve efficiency faculty are encouraged to use the following guidelines that have been recommended by the Division of Information Resources:
1. Limit exam times to less than 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2. Limit exams to a maximum of 50 test items.
3. Do not use the digital dropbox feature. Use the assignments feature instead.
4. Clicking the “x” in the top right corner of your browser is not the correct way to log out of Blackboard. Instead,
click the Logout button at the top of the frame in your Blackboard course.
5. Any courses that you are not currently teaching should be made unavailable. Only courses currently being taught should be made available.
6. When creating powerpoint slide shows that contain multimedia (audio, images, video, etc) please limit the amount of slides.
7. Compress media file types when necessary (training provided please contact Janice Smith at x2457)
8. Delete all unnecessary files.
9. Inform students that they should not use the brower's back button while taking tests in Blackboard.